USTDC

Photo of USTDC courtesy of Les Duffin

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Best Taiwan Blog Award 2011

Many thanks to all the readers of this blog who took the time to cast votes in Taiwanderful's 2011 Taiwan Best Blog Awards competition.  For the second year in a row, the USTDC blog won the popular vote in its category and, for the first time, also won the "Peer Judged" category that's voted on by other Taiwan bloggers.

I made fewer blog entries this year, mostly because my wife and I had a very busy year, including our move to a new place.  Things are beginning to return to what passes for normal around here and I'll try to do better in 2012.

This blog has always focused on the personal experiences of those who served in and around USTDC from 1955 to 1979.  I felt it was important to record those memories so that today's youngsters might have a better understanding of who we were and what we did.  I could sure use your help in accomplishing that goal. Though your family members may sometimes tire of hearing your old "war stories" about your time in the Taipei area, I promise that I will not.  Please take a few minutes to jot down those memories and e-mail them to me to share with other readers.  The e-mail address is near the top and bottom of the column to your right.  Be sure to let me know if I may publish your name along with your comments.  If you have any photos of those days, please attach them to your message as well.

I want to wish a very happy new year to my readers here in the States, those in Taiwan, and all those around the world.  I am deeply grateful for each and every one of you.

5 comments:

titojohn said...

Congratulations Don! You are doing a great job here in keeping the memory of USTDC alive. I really appreciate your efforts maintaining this blog.

John

Stev said...

I second Titojohn's comment.

Craig Ferguson said...

Congrats. I'm one of the organizers of the Taiwanderful blog contest. I'll be in touch via email in the next day or so with details on claiming your prize.

Craig

Anonymous said...

Don't change a thing. Keep up the
good work.

Jim Sartor

Taipei Signal Army said...

I can't wait until Dec. 2012, Don. TSA enjoys voting for you and, word is, 3 times in a row and you actually get to KEEP the trophy.

Go Tigers------------John