USTDC

Photo of USTDC courtesy of Les Duffin

Monday, August 15, 2011

USTDC Building Layout

First of all, I want to apologize to those of you who do me the honor of checking in here every so often.  Because my wife and I recently moved, I haven't been posting very much new material and I haven't been very good about answering your emails either.  If you have sent me anything during the past couple of months (or before!) and haven't heard back from me, please send it again or at least let me know what it was and about when you sent it.  Above all, please don't be offended.

I've tried, without much success, to remember the layout of the USTDC building.  I just couldn't break through the mental fog that has built up since I left Taipei in 1974.  I remembered the main entrance and of course the interior of my own office in J-12, but that's about the extent of it.

Well, two of my old friends from TDC -- Larry Marcum and Randy Burt -- have both sent me sketches of the place as they remember it.  Larry was the command's Admin Officer while I was there and Randy was our Supply Chief (I'm not sure about Randy's title, but I trust he'll set me straight if I got it wrong).  Both of these sketches are of the first floor.  I told Larry that my version would probably be slightly different from either of theirs and would also be completely wrong.

Anyway, here's Larry Marcum's recollection:



And here is Randy Burt's version:


Remember that you can click on either of these images to see the full size version.

Recognizing that offices were moved around within the building over the years, do any of you have any comments regarding either of these sketches?  Please feel free to send me your own version, including the layout of the second floor, basement (I didn't even know there was a basement!) or anything else you remember about the place.

No comments: