USTDC

Photo of USTDC courtesy of Les Duffin

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ford Garage 1949


Titojohn alerted me to this photo from the Life Magazine archives. It was taken around the same time (and by the same photographer) as the "Guest House" photo that I posted earlier. As Jim pointed out, the Guest House had some 1946 Fords parked in front. So where did one go in 1949 Taipei to buy a new Ford? Why the Ford dealer of course!

My question is whether this was an authentic Ford dealer or was it just an auto repair shop that "appropriated" the Ford logo. I'm inclined to think it's authentic because I believe that's about a 1949 Ford (Woody?) Station Wagon sitting on the lot and I also see "Mercury" in the striping at the top of the building's wall.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, it may be a Ford Garage, but
that's a Willys parked in front.

Probably dropped in to get a part
for his Ford.

Jim Sartor

Don said...

A Ford disguised as a Willys? ;-)

Anonymous said...

As Confucious says, it is obviously
a Ford in "Jeeps Clothing"!!!

Sorry for the bad pun.

Jim Sartor