USTDC

Photo of USTDC courtesy of Les Duffin

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Seriously Off Topic

This has nothing at all to do with Taiwan, except perhaps for the movie theaters there, but I just couldn't resist passing this important information along to all of you.

Every now and then I walk over to the local multiplex to see a movie. Yesterday I caught the new Star Trek film -- not too bad, by the way. It ran a little over two hours and because I usually get a bag of popcorn and a big old soda before the show, I started getting a little...um, "uncomfortable" an hour or so into the movie. Of course I didn't want to miss anything important so I just toughed it out until the credits started rolling.

By happy coincidence, today a friend alerted me to a website that provides a solution to such dilemmas! It's called, appropriately, RunPee.com. It screens most films for those scenes where you can leave for about three minutes and then return to your seat without missing anything important. If you want to know what's in those three minutes, the site will tell you what you missed. Brilliant!

Of course you could just wait for it to come out on DVD and watch it at home, but what fun would that be?

I hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend as we honor our brothers and sisters in arms who didn't make it back home.

No comments: